Introduction


I am a teacher because I want to change the world. I know education is where I can have the greatest impact; I feel the strong desire to positively influence and educate children. My different experiences in the workforce and in life have fostered a personal drive in order to become a self-sufficient and hardworking individual. Experiences have taught me a great deal of discipline and time management that are essential in the teaching profession. I have the ability to adapt my teaching method in order to fit the needs of the learner. Problem solving is another skill that is crucial to being a good teacher. I have learned that there is always more than one way to solve a problem: if I can’t solve a problem using my own resources I will talk to other individuals in the field to get new ideas and consult current research. I feel that I am capable to help my students reach their full potential.

When students feel comfortable at school they will surely be more engaged and responsive to class activities. I also consider it essential to be passionate and enthusiastic about learning so that the students can have a most relevant and meaningful experience. I encourage students to take responsibility for what we are studying together: for reading the text assigned, for thinking about it, for posing pertinent questions, for clarifying misunderstandings. Each student brings a unique perspective, vocabulary, and method for learning. As a teacher, I must discover each of these qualities for each student, and present information within this context. Each group of students is completely different from past groups; it is necessary to remain connected with the evolution of their beliefs, culture, and paths. In order to remain accessible and pertinent, my teaching style must also continue to evolve.

I aim to create a teaching environment where the student and the instructor are equally responsible in the learning process. As an instructor, I, too, am a learner. By regularly receiving feedback from students, I am continuously learning from student experiences and thought processes. This gives me the opportunity to quickly address student concerns and adjust course delivery based on the needs of my students.

Comentarios